Although windshield replacements can seem like normal car maintenance, calling the first company that you find near you that does windshield replacements in Phoenix, Sunnyslope, Laveen, Cashion and Tolleson areas, isn’t always the best solution.
Reason? While your windshield may seem like it just protects you from weather, wind and bugs, it serves an even greater purpose. It’s actually a vital component of your vehicle’s safety net and helps support the roof of your car. In reality, your windshield should be taken as seriously as your seat belts and airbags.
The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration’s has said that more than 12,000 people die after being ejected from a vehicle or critically injured during a rollover every year. The National Glass Association’s (NGA) has confirmed that a significant percentage of those fatalities occur because the windshield does not remain firmly bonded to the roof. The percentage is probably higher, but not all cases are documented.
Before hiring a Windshield Replacement professional, make sure they meet these 5 criteria!
Doing your homework when selecting a Phoenix windshield replacement company is important. When selecting your Phoenix windshield replacement professional, you should look for the following items:
- NGA – windshield replacementNGA Logo (National Glass Association) so that you can be assured that they are up-to-date on the latest auto glass technology and best practices.
- Ask them if their windshield replacement technicians are trained and certified by NGA.
- Ask them if they endorse AGRSS (Auto Glass Replacement Standard)
- Ask how long the windshield replacement will take. If it will take less than an hour, make sure that two windshield replacement technicians will be present.
- Ask about the recommended Safe Driveaway time to ensure that the adhesive used on the windshield will have adequate time to bond.
free mobile phoenix windshield replacement service. Not all Phoenix windshield replacement companies are created equal. Premiere Auto Glass is proud to say that we meet all five of the auto glass guidelines outlined above. If you have any further questions about the level of our windshield replacement service, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Depending on the damage to your windshield, you may just need an auto glass repair, which is much more economical. However, you should consult one of our competent windshield replacement technicians to be sure.
Basically, you need a windshield replacement if:
- You have 3 or more chips
- The chip/crack is larger than a dollar bill
- Visual clarity is impaired by Sand Pits or other blemishes
TELL US WHAT YOU NEED